Are you preparing to buy or sell a home? Read the EPA’s Home Buyer’s and Seller’s Guide to Radon to learn why they recommend having your home tested for radon.
The EPA recommends the following to home buyers and sellers alike:
- If you are buying a home or selling your home, have it tested for radon.
- For a new home, ask if radon-resistant construction features were used and if the home has been tested.
- Fix the home if the radon level is 4 picocuries per liter, or pCi/L, or higher.
- Radon levels less than 4 pCi/L still pose a risk, and in many cases, may be reduced.
- Take steps to prevent device interference when conducting a radon test.
Call, licensed radon measurement technician, Scott Freeman of Landmark Inspections if you have more questions and/or to schedule your radon test today. 856-905-4697